Welcome to part two of our Non-Knitting Gifts for Knitters where we recommend gifts for knitters that aren't yarn, needles or in any way just knitting related. Last post was a collection of scented candles and today we're going to explore scented hand lotions.
Why lotions as a great gift for a knitter? You can't knit well with dry flaky hands. It's a big annoyance to knit with dry skin that can catch on your yarn, also some people get such dry hands that they can crack and even make it painful to knit. Using a high quality lotion will keep your hands soft and ready to knit.
Fancy hand lotions can be a great way to spoil the knitter you love and make excellent stocking stuffers:
- You know that hand lotion would be a great gift for a knitter if they actually produce a hand lotion under a knitting brand, check out the Knit Happy hand lotion, which is a bargain at $3.72.
- We love the Tokyo Milk Dead Sexy #6 lotion (see photo below). It comes in a gorgeous tube and features sweet vanilla, earthy wood and fresh orchid aromas. Your knitter will feel like they're spoiling themselves every time they apply it.
- Thymes also makes a high-end hand lotion. We love this Mandarin Coriander scent which has the brightness of a citrus that is mellowed out a bit from the peppery coriander.
- If the Thymes lotion is too pricey, try out the Caldrea Mandarin Vetiver (see photo at right) which also has the springy citrus scent for about half the cost.
- If you're looking for a hand lotion with fewer perfumes, check out the Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream. It features the natural scents of shea butter, bees wax and calendula which will soothe your hands and help you relax as you knit.
Stay tuned in the coming days. We'll have more non-knitting gifts for knitters!